Thursday, June 25, 2009

Slowly but surely...

.....our wedding invitations are getting finished!
A few weeks ago, my wonderful mom and i headed to bismarck, nd. I have an amazing aunt and uncle that live there, and my aunt is talented beyond talented when it comes to crafts. I am so thankful she agreed to help me out. I have always been one that is VERY inspired by beautiful wedding stationary, but i just couldn't justify spending that much money on something most people throw away. so, i looked around. i thought about completely making them myself, but after adding up the cost of paper, envelopes, liners, it just wasn't helping out the bank account. After getting a super cute/simple invite in the mail from a friend of mine, i realized it isn't in how pretty your font is, or the shape of your envelope. to me, the joy of seeing his invitation, was seeing how fun and personal it was. so, we came up with some creative/non-traditional wording, and ordered away. I actually ordered the oversized postcard from VistaPrint for the main part of our invites, and used a regular sized postcard for the directions and information. To finalize, we ordered a business card with the rsvp information on it. With a little help from a graphic designer, we had something personal, something rustic, and definately something that fit our budget. we have never set a "budget" per say, but jace and I both agree on the certain areas of our wedding that we want to spend more on than others.
After placing brown cardstock (50% off at hobby lobby--score!) on the backs of the cards, and creating a little flap that folds open, we were satisfied. To spruce up the envelopes, we purchased a "branchy" stamp, that matched the invite design. we will be printing the names in brown on the front, and have our address on the back flap, also in brown!
When ordering the postcards, they came in amounts of 100 or 250-since we needed 165 invites, we just went with the 250-better safe than sorry.
Total for 250 invites and envelopes from VistaPrint- $105
Total cost of cardstock and stamp from Hobby Lobby- $ 50
Total Cost for each invite with postage- $0.77
I love bargains!
my mom, jodi, helping out with invites.
my dear aunt dee and I-enjoying a relaxing saturday.

main invite and design on envelope.



total package.