Monday, July 20, 2009

some of my favorite moments in life..




...are spent on the road.

Even if i have to travel 1, 2 or 3 hours too many, there are always many memories to be made.

This past weekend, Jace and I left Montana on Wednesday night, heading to Minnesota for a friend's wedding. Along the way we got to see many friends that we've missed terribly these past few months.
And we also got to spend time with my brother and his girlfriend.
These are my favorite moments. I could listen to my little brother laugh all day. It's a sister's dream to find that her little brother is in love, and loving life. We shared laughter, and pictures, and numerous stories. We ate too much candy, we cracked plenty of jokes, and it was all wonderful. Whether you head around the world, or just to a wedding the next state over, take that little, fun roadtrip with someone close to you. You never know how happy it can make you!

Jace and I are keeping busy doing little wedding things. We are RIGHT NOW currently debating over our guestbook! I want, want, want, a polaroid guestbook, and was given a camera to use for this purpose, but after many hours of research, the cost just seems outrageous. here are our options--
a. use the polaroid 600 film guest book--the cost on the guestbooks alone are $60 and only hold 30 pictures...and the cost of a ten pack of film is $18.00 each.. so coming to using two books, and about eighty pictures, it would cost us around $250, and i am not even sure if that would be enough for our nearly 300 guests... CRAZY.
b. use a blurb book. still cute, and a great use for our engagement photos. around 50 dollars total for this option. the only downfall is the guests don't get to have a little fun doing this---(is it obvious how much i want the instant pictures???)
c. Buy a new Fuji Instax camera...or maybe get it for my birthday this week...)hint hint mom and dad, and jace, and brade, and mac, and anyone...:) ) with that, the film is much more reasonable, being about $19 for 20 pictures. If I did this, i could order another expensive book from here, or try and make my own, using a scrapbook, and just providing double sided tape to stick it to a book, and have the guests write their message near there picture. this still allows me to have our instant pictures, and some fun for guests, but yet leaves me with the work of making my own scrapbook....
Help me out--any of you use an instant film guestbook?

Hoping you have a happy tuesday tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

hannah said...

expensive things suck :(

i found another idea though..dunno if you'll like it- but leaves are an important part of your design :) haha

check out here:

http://cisforcharmed.blogspot.com/2009/07/wedding-tree.html

and here

http://jonaspeterson.com/?p=1895

it's called the wedding tree.

awna jade. said...

wow. love it.