Monday, February 22, 2010

Dreams.

They say the only person to stop you from fulfilling your dreams is yourself...
I don't want that to be the case for me.
I have big dreams and little dreams.
Some crazy dreams and some silly dreams..
But to me they are all worth reaching for.
Now I'm sure you all know I have a little thing for photography.
A teeny, tiny little love.
Just kidding.
I could look at, and take photos for hours.
I'm at the stage in my life where I love my dental hygiene job, but down the road can definitely see myself getting more into the photography side of things.
And when I do, I want to be good.
I want to take pictures that matter, and that are worth hanging on the wall.
So, my friends, I am taking a little trip to Phoenix.
No, not just to warm up....but also to learn.


To learn from a lady who takes wonderful photos.
Photographs that inspire me.
Her name is Nicole Hill Gerulat.

She was the lady behind the lens of the photo below.
Yes, that's Naomi and Josh from that wonderful winter session they did with Nicole.


She is teaching a crash coarse in Phoenix, so a friend and I are heading down there for a long weekend.
We cannot wait to soak up the sun, as well as everything little thing Nicole has to say.
She has amazing reviews from photographers that have taken her classes, and she sells out fast.
Along with taking her Phoenix course, I will also be studying with her the month of April through an on-line program, and I might just be jet-setting this summer to see her again.
I am so excited.
Dreams gotta start somewhere right?



3 comments:

kkkinzel said...

that sounds awesome awna! i hope you have the best time!

hannah said...

coooool :) can't believe i found out through blog, but still cool! haha

Anonymous said...

You are such a creative person and writer. Keep following your dreams. You are such an inspiration!