Saturday, June 26, 2010

Flutter.

whimsical lyrics,

mint oreos

and a day home with my family...


Wanna know what else makes my heart flutter?


Soldiers in airports.

and on buses...

and trains.

The hope of knowing that they are getting back to somebody who cannot wait to hug them and touch them and kiss them all over...

It's magical.

Ever seen a soldier in an airport and wonder what his story is?

I do all the time.

Ever been there to witness a soldier returning home to somebody at an airport?

One of the best sights in the world.

My eyes teared up instantly.


I love love.

I cannot imagine the love that builds up after a year without somebody special.

It's got to be hard, but that reunion--that's a heart flutter that you never forget.

















1 comment:

rachel said...

ah, this killed me. those photos are so bitter sweet and it's such private moment to share when the man (or woman) that you love returns or leaves from war.

my husband just got back from iraq about a month ago, and I still flip through the pictures almost every day and it still makes my heart skip a beat. :)

the post is up on my blog from when he came home if you want to see. :) i posted it on may 25th.

xo