Monday, September 6, 2010

Dear you,

Call me at midnight just to say hello. Let's go camping in your pickup on a Thursday night just because we can. Lets build a campfire at dawn and snuggle up to each other until we absolutely have to let our day begin. Teach me your crafts. Let me sing songs loudly to the radio as we drive aimlessly around town. Let's get slushies together every chance we get. Let's build forts out of furniture and act like we are 12 again. Leave me notes wherever you can. Buy me a drink if mine is almost gone. Let me play with your hair until you fall asleep. Remind me every chance you get if you miss me. Miss me, please? Ask me about my day. Take me out to eat. Introduce me to every person who means something to you if given the chance. Teach me to drive stick shift. Don't make a funny face when I wanna take your picture. Let me be artsy-it's what I love. Ask me how my family is. Let me get to know yours. Be ok with doing nothing. Surprise me at work. Let me fall in love with your dimples. Let me in. Tell me who you are and why you are that person. Lets get dusty and dirty together, i'm ok with that. Always kiss me hello, and then goodbye, and any other chance you'd like in the middle. Rent my favorite movie when I'm sick. Hold my hand. Dance with me when we get the chance. Let yourself learn from my dad when you can. Kiss me at the grocery store if you want to. Let me travel with you when you have to go somewhere, I promise to keep you company. Say please and thank-you. Tell me about your bad days, along with the good ones. Make me laugh..outloud. Come over at 3.34 just because you couldn't wait a minute longer. Love me passionately. Wake me at 2 in the morning just to watch the rain fall. Let me get to know your friends. Help my mom when you can. Hold the door open. Take walks with me. Don't get mad when I ask you questions. Rub my back when we are cuddling on the couch. Look at me with those beautiful eyes whenever you can, I adore them. Lets go swimming in the middle of the night. Never let the little things go.
Love me for absolutely everything thing that I am.
Whoever you are...
I'm ready for all of this.
Are you?
Love, me.

1 comment:

Jess Cole said...

I just discovered your blog and i LOVE it! and i absolutely adore this post!!