Thursday, August 20, 2009

where did you go.

i've been weird lately. maybe not weird, but just a little not myself.
i find myself in weird, weird moods.
i know this has nothing to do with the wedding. i am beyond thrilled for that.
this is about me.
missing you.
i never thought that as a 22 year old that this would happen to me.
i got up. got ready for work. grabbed my keys.
started my car.
and cried.
i'm homesick.
i miss my little brother already, and he hasn't been gone a week.
i miss my mom and dad, who i just saw 4 days ago.
i miss a new friend, who just headed to school.
i miss my little brothers laugh, that i got to hear so much this summer.
i guess this is about me, and the summer of 2009.
where did you go.
you were wonderful.
i am going to miss all that laughter, and love, and friendship.
new adventures, and raunchy jokes.
i will yearn for your warm walks with boyfriend, and roadtrip talks with my mom.
i will miss weekly breakfasts with my dad.
and most of all. those little brothers.
they've become some of my best friends.
summer, come back. i miss them so much already.

2 comments:

hannah said...

i absoulty know exactly what you're talking about. sometime's just thinking about them sends me into sobs. thank god for you brother! :D oh look. it happened again...

it's getting better everyday.

awna jade. said...

ahhh. it takes time.
i miss you all more than you'll ever know!