Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sugar.

Although I don't consider Montana my home state,
I am VERY proud that this guy-Garrett Gue- hails from here.
I love his music, especially his new single--
Sugar.


Well, she feels like sugar in the evening
sugar in the morning time
And when the sun's shining bright she'll get that feeling
a little more sugar might do just fine

I'm talking ice cream, cinnamon rolls, an Oreo shake and a Diet Coke, 'cause you know
you gotta watch the figure
I'm talking brown eyes, a cute little nose, a smile that shines like a summer snow
if this could happen

But I know it never could
Like I know she would taste so good
Until the flavor fades away

She stays up late and wakes up early
Maybe a strawberry swirly in-between
Cause everybody knows that sleep is surely
Overrated when you're on caffeine

But I think this untrue
Like I think I'm just a fool

The flavor fades away
Like a finger painting that was left out in the rain
It fades away
Like a happy smile as the clouds chase it away
It fades away

And I know we never could
Believe me when I say I would
But I never really figured how to handle to goodbyes too good

And she fades away
Like a fleeting thought of peaceful destination fades away
Fades away
On a west bound train with my hopes and expectations
She fades away

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I love this kind of music!